Build your NAS based on Rock Pi 4 with up to 5 HDD/SSD and up to 100TB capacity
The Penta SATA HAT utilizes the M.2/PCIe interface on Rock Pi 4 to provide up to 5 SATA ports. This HAT works only with Rock Pi 4.
The concept of 4 internal SATA and one eSATA design was chosen because it makes the setup more flexible for the use of external disks.
- Up to 5x HDD/SSD, 2.5inch and 3.5inch storage is supported, max storage 100TB
- 4x SATA
- 1x eSATA with power
- utilizes two lanes of the PCIe 2.1 bus on Rock Pi 4
- DC power input with support for both 2.5inch drives and ROCK Pi 4
- External standard ATX power supply support for 3.5inch HDD
- HDD suspend mode support
- Software RAID 0/1/5 support
- Optional PWM control fan for HDD heat management
- Optional OLED display for IP / Store information
To fully take advantage of the 5th SATA port, an eSATA connector was implemented which can be exported e.g. out of the case. The eSATA connector provides both data and power. It can directly drive a 3.5inch HDD via a single cable.
The Penta SATA HAT is powered by the JMB585 with 2 lanes 5Gbs PCIe buses with up to 10Gbps bandwidth. With 5 SSD's configured in Raid0 mode, speed of up to 803MB/s can be achieved.
Penta SATA HAT board
M.2 interface board with high speed Ribbon connector cable
optional: SATA HAT Top Board